Neighborhood Health provides high-quality comprehensive care for the whole family. We provide exams, lab test, prescriptions, and physicals for all ages. Interpretation services are available in the language of your choice. Neighborhood Health also offers our patients a 24-hr call line and specialty referrals.
Neighborhood Health provides care for infants, children and teens. This includes immunizations, physicals, as well as diagnosis and treatment for asthma and attention deficit disorders.
Women’s Health Care:
Neighborhood Healthprovides a full range of women’s healthcare including screening for breast and cervical cancer (pap smears.)
- Family Planning: Pregnancy testing, and birth control is available. This includes long-acting reversible birth control (like IUDs or hormonal implants), birth control pills, and injections.
- FREE Long-acting reversible birth control: Long-acting reversible birth control is safe and effective but generally out of reach for many women as they can cost $800 to $1,000. Neighborhood Health is able to offer IUDs and implants at no cost to you. These forms of birth control last several years, but are also reversible. You can get pregnant the same week you have them taken out.
- Prenatal Care: We care for women throughout their pregnancy and postpartum. You will have your baby in the hospital you prefer. Our patient navigators can help to enroll you in insurance. We also provide pediatric care for your infant after delivery.
Diabetes and Hypertension:
Neighborhood Health can provide you with education to help you learn more about your condition and how to take your medications. We can also help you with eating plans and exercise routines. Our patient navigators can also see if you qualify for programs that can help lower the cost of your medications.
Neighborhood Health can provide you with many ways to protect your sexual health and care for yourself.
- STI Testing and Treatment: Neighborhood Health provides confidential testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections including: chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, syphilis, HPV, trichomoniasis as well as multiple forms of hepatitis.
- PrEP and HIV Care: Neighborhood Health provides pre-exposure prophylaxis or PrEP at all of our health centers. PrEP is a pill that you take once a day that is highly effective at preventing HIV. Neighborhood Health also provides care and support for those living with HIV. We provide treatment to help you attain viral suppression and keep yourself healthy. We offer testing, medication, and contraceptives to help you prevent passing HIV infection to your partner. We also offer counseling and support services to help you cope with the challenges of living with HIV.
Neighborhood Health has dental services available at 4 locations: Cleveland Park, East Side, Lebanon, Napier Place and Mission.
We offer emergency/same-day care for pain, exams and x-rays, cleanings, extractions, fillings, partials and dentures. We will make referrals for specialty services.
For children, we encourage parents to begin dental care at the age of 2. We can provide sealants, fluoride and other preventative care services for children.
Neighborhood Health has professional counseling staff that you can request to see during your medical visits. They can assist you if you are suffering from depression, anxiety or stressors in your life. They can also help you if you feel that your drug or alcohol use is out of control. Referrals are made if you need long-term care or residential services.
- Opioid Use Disorder: If you are struggling with prescription medication, opioid or heroin use, Neighborhood Health can help. We have a program that provides medication-assisted treatment (MAT).MAT is the use of medication, along with comprehensive therapy and support, to help address issues related to opioid abuse – including withdrawal, cravings, and preventing relapses. We can also help you with financial assistance for your medications.For more information about the MAT program please read our Program Overview HERE or call us at 615-227-3000
NOTE: Because of limited space in the program, there is usally a waiting list for MAT program services. You will need to call and give us: (1) your name, (2) birthdate, and (3) a phone number to be placed on the waiting list.
Our contact center is NOT able to set or make appointments for MAT services. All MAT services are coordinated by the treatment program specialists.
Neighborhood Health’s MAT program does NOT offer walk-in or detox type services in our clinics.
Insurance and Enrollment Assistance
Neighborhood Health has patient navigators who provide free in-person help enrolling in health insurance programs. You may qualify for health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace or TennCare. Patient navigators can also check if you qualify for patient assistance programs to help lower the cost of your medications. We can also help you re-enroll in TennCare.
Let our front desk know if you would like to speak with a patient navigator. We have Spanish speaking patient navigators. Evening and Saturday appointments available. You can also call us at 615-227-3000 to schedule an appointment.
Section 3202(b) of the CARES Act requires all providers such as Neighborhood Health to post the “cash price” of our COVID-19 testing on our website. This remains true even if our testing for COVID-19 is very limited. As required by this new federal law, the cash price Neighborhood Health charges for COVID-19 testing is $204.99 per test, which is in addition to any other charges for the patient visit. Patients who lack health coverage may qualify for our sliding fee scale, which gives large discounts on our fees.
Neighborhood Health welcomes everyone at our health center locations.
If you haven’t felt welcomed or affirmed by medical providers in the past, we hope you will feel so here. We want you to have a comfortable space and enjoy an inclusive health care home.
We offer comprehensive primary care and sexual health services to all of our patients, including those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.
- PrEP and HIV Care: Neighborhood Health provides pre-exposure prophylaxis or PrEP at all of our health centers. PrEP is a pill that you take once a day that is highly effective at preventing HIV.Neighborhood Health also provides care and support for those living with HIV. We provide treatment to help you attain viral suppression and keep yourself healthy. We offer testing, medication, and contraceptives to help you prevent passing HIV infection to your partner.We also offer counseling and support services to help you cope with the challenges of living with HIV.
- Transgender Hormone Therapy: Neighborhood Health provides quality hormone therapy for transgender and gender nonconforming patients using an Informed Consent Model.
Please let us know how we can serve you and provide you with great care in a personalized, supportive way.
Neighborhood Health provides care for patients experiencing homelessness at all of our 12 locations. We also have two clinic locations (Downtown and Mission) that are specifically focused on homeless services.
Our Downtown clinic is near Room at the Inn and Mission clinic is located at the Nashville Rescue Mission. To better serve homeless patients, these clinic sites provide comprehensive care without appointments. We offer psychiatric services, case management, and transportation. Our Downtown clinic has a dispensary to make it easier for patients to get their prescriptions. We also offer dental services at the Mission clinic.